Congestive heart failure (CHF) is a condition in which heart doesn’t pump the blood efficiently as it should be. The people of all ages suffered through this disease. Research shows that in the UK approximately 300,000 people die with CHF every year.
In congestive heart failure disease, the heart pumping power becomes slower, its ability to work reduces and it doesn’t pump the blood usually to the body as it should be. It’s not mean that it has stopped working. However, the blood moves through the heart and the body at a slower rate so during this condition your heart is not capable of balancing the requirement of oxygen and nutrient in the body. The pressure in the heart increases due to its slow working. Due to the week pumping of blood, the heart muscles become weaker very soon; blood circulation reduces towards the major organs of the body like lungs, liver, abdomen, etc. and in the result, congestive heart failure occurs.
Here are some reasons that develop CHF disease.
- Coronary artery disease is the most common cause of heart failure. Arteries supply blood and oxygen toward the heart when arteries fail to maintain their work then heart failure occurs.
- High blood pressure is the one the main reason of heart failure. The previous heart attack can also be the reason because it leaves the scar tissue that affects the heart supply ability.
- Heart valve disease can be the cause of heart failure. Due to this disease, the pressure builds in your heart because your heart has to work hard to maintain the blood flow as it should be. The infection in the heart valve weakens the heart.
- Use of Drug and Alcohol affects your heart health very badly and can be a cause of heart failure.
- Irregular heartbeat causes the heart failure as it makes your heart to beat too fast which weakens your heart.
- A chronic lungs disease weakens your heart and can be the cause of heart failure. A blood clot in the lungs also causes of heart failure.
- Some diseases like anemia, diabetes, atherosclerosis, obesity disturb the heart health very badly and causes for heart failure.
The following symptoms occur in congestive heart failure disease.
- The less blood supply towards the principal organs and muscles develops the symptoms of tiredness in the body, and you feel laziness in every work. Due to the less blood supply to the brain, the fatigue builds up in your body. Your ability to work reduces and it disturbs the working routine throughout. You feel the hardness in Exercise, feel uncomfortable breathing when climbing the stairs or the simplest work can make you out of breath; you feel difficulty in every work.
- Due to the less blood supply toward kidneys causes the fluid and water retention in the body. In the result, the symptoms of weight gain and swelling in your legs, ankles, and abdomen develop. These symptoms cause to increase the urination during the night. The symptoms of swelling in the body parts become a dangerous condition.
- When fluid backs up in the lungs, you feel difficulty in breathing. You feel breathing problem in many ways even when you are lying in your room or performing any exercise. The symptoms of dry hacking cough or wheezing can also occur.
- In CHF condition, your heartbeat becomes faster to pump enough blood to the body. Due to this reason you feel irregular heat burning.
It is necessary to understand that if you have CHF, then you may feel all these symptoms, one of them or may have none of them. These symptoms are not the indication of a weak heart.