Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are very painful and uncomfortable. UTIs are very common, and they are among major diseases of the body which are most common in humans. Usually, this infection remains for few days. Research shows that women get more urinary tract infections as compared to the men. It can be found in any part of the urinary tract. Bacteria commonly cause UTIs infections.
The urinary tract is a filtration system in your body. Its primary purpose is to remove waste and excess water from your body. The disease can affect any part of the kidneys, ureters, urethra and bladder. The purpose of kidneys is to filter your blood, remove the waste and surplus water to urine. This urine travels down in the ureter, store in the bladder and it passes through urination.
There are two types of Urinary tract infections
- Upper urinary tract. It is a more dangerous type of infection. It can occur in kidney and ureters. Of this type, there is a chance of kidney damage.
- Lower urinary tract. It is less severe than upper urinary tract infection. It can occur in bladder and urethra.
Symptoms of UTI:
- Burning or pain sensation at the time of urination
- You often feel strong urge to urinate when burning or pain occur.
- Pain occurs in the lower abdomen.
- You can feel aches of muscles.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- You feel Bloody or cloudy smelling of urine.
Treatments to get rid of UTI:
The urinary tract infections are due to the bacteria named E. coli bacterium. UTI infections are treated with antibiotics however this treatment can be risky.
Here are some conventional and natural treatments that are used to get rid of UTI.
- When you feel the symptoms of UTIs infection, drink plenty of water in first 24 hours. It will help you to wash out the infection. Water makes the urine less concentrated. Doctors also advise drinking enough water because it is a good alternate defense mechanism of your body which provides help to overcome the trouble.
- Empty your bladder completely by urinating to get relieve from the pain and burning.
- Use some herbal remedies to get rid of urinary tract infections. These treatments play a vital role in minimizing or lowering the UTIs infections. These herbal treatments should be continued for the shorter period, five days or less.
- Use a heating pad to smooth the urinary tract infection pain with heat. It provides you help to overcome the pain, pressure and burning around your pubic area. Don’t apply this heating paid directly to your skin. Use it for 15 minutes to keep the heat setting low.
- Make use of foods which are full of vitamin C because vitamin C can make your urine more acidic and it stops the growth of bacterial infection in your urinary tract. If you feel the symptoms of UTIs, then use the vitamin c supplement to get rid of urinary tract infections.
- Use the foods that are high in fiber and carbohydrates. These foods are vital for your digestive health and also are helpful to treat UTIs.