Even in ancient times, women had to give birth to babies. However, the techniques have changed today. Pregnancy was not as easy in past as it has been made today. Whenever a girl gets pregnant the first thing that she bothers about is to confirm her pregnancy. Even in old days, women had to confirm when they got pregnant. It has become so simple today for girls they can visit doctors and find out if they are pregnant or not. Many pregnancy tests have also been developed by doctors. These tests are available in almost every pharmacy and are in reach for every person. However, some women prefer to use a homemade pregnancy test.
Traditional methods for testing pregnancy
In ancient times, modern facilities were not available for testing pregnancy so women used homemade tests. These methods are also followed by many women today who find medical tests expensive or uncomfortable. Everyone cannot afford to visit doctors for the purpose of confirming pregnancy so they use traditional methods.
Reasons for using homemade tests
There are several reasons for which women avoid visiting doctors for confirming their pregnancies. Some of the main reasons are stated below;
- Everyone does not afford to visit doctors and take tests as tests used for pregnancy are not cheap. On the other hand DIY, tests that are used for pregnancy are free of cost.
- Some people find it difficult to wait for doctors in clinics. They find it convenient to stay home and prepare their own test.
- Some people want to keep their pregnancy secret as they find it unreasonable to tell others about their pregnancy. For the purpose of keeping pregnancy hidden, they prefer to use homemade tests.
- Some women are really concerned about giving natural birth to their baby for this purpose they want to avoid interaction with doctors. The tests that are used at home also include similar indicators that doctors use but it allows them privacy.
- It is not bearable for people to wait for longer hours as doctors have other patients to see. So they prefer to test their pregnancy at home.
Impact of HCG
One of the most basic ingredients in developing homemade pregnancy tests at home depends on human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). This hormone is mainly obtained from women urine. The placenta is the source for developing this hormone. For the purpose of testing pregnancy, the urine sample is obtained. Placenta functions in protecting the fertilized egg. This process starts after the egg becomes attached to the uterus walls. In homes, the tests involve identifying the presence of HCG in the urine of women. The presence of HCG can confirm the pregnancy.
The tests that are used for self-detecting the presence of pregnancy involves; tests conducted through HCG detectors, bleach pregnancy test, toothpaste pregnancy test, sugar pregnancy test also many other methods. There are several methods for this purpose but commonly these are used.